Sunday, December 27, 2009

When Counting To Ten, Start With One

I found this post on last night:

2009 brings memorable end to decade
From Buehrle to Yanks, season was perfect in many ways

By Mark Newman /

I posted the third comment: The decade isn't over till the end of 2010.

There are, as of this moment, 112 comments, about 80% arguing whether the end of 2009 marks the end of the decade. (It does not. If you don't understand that, start counting from the beginning, and be sure to start with Year 1, not Year 0.)

Of those related comments, I'm guessing that about 40% understand my point and agree. The other 60% have used all kinds of crazy arguments as to why the decade runs 2000 - 2009.

It never ceases to amaze me how some people just can't think outside of their little box.

©2009 Douglas T. Dinsmoor


Post a Comment

<< Home